arts food

Food Truck Mondays to start April 3

entfoodtruck032923.jpg

The Student Involvement and Leadership Center will bring back Food Truck Mondays — formerly known as Food Truck Fridays — on April 3. The weekly event will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Monday in April between the IMU and Maxwell Hall.  

Food Truck Fridays started last fall as a part of Campus Connections, an effort to get students more involved while showcasing the IMU. However, with other food truck events going on during Fridays, the event was changed to Mondays in hopes of increasing attendance. 

Food Truck Mondays will include live music from musician Lee Hartman and local food trucks — including Pili’s Party Taco and Kona Ice.  

Related: [IU Auditorium to host Pitbull, George Takei and more in April

The program manager intern with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center student Julie Comer, said she is optimistic about Food Truck Mondays in an interview with IU Bloomington Today

“Everyone really liked it before, but now more people are going to be able to go,” Comer said in the interview. “It’s going to be an even bigger event than it was in the past.” 

Comer also said that to unite the campus with food trucks and entertainment, center supervisors collaborated with the IMU catering department and Jada Collins, the former program manager. 

“The overarching goal is that moving forward through the years, the Union wants to go back to why it started, which was for a place for people to come and hang out and build a community here,” Comer said in the interview.