arts iu auditorium

IU Auditorium to host Pitbull, George Takei and more in April

entauditorium032723.jpg

Another month, another exciting slate of performances at the IU Auditorium. April brings high-profile guest lectures, Bollywood dance and more Broadway magic. 

A Conversation with Pitbull 

Union Board will present a discussion with Mr. Worldwide himself at 8 p.m. on April 6. Though he’s best known for his chart-topping pop hits, Pitbull also has experience as a public speaker. For this event, he will share wisdom from his career and life in a conversation with IU students. The talk will be free for IU Bloomington students, $15 for IU faculty and staff and $25 for the general public; tickets can be found on the IU Auditorium website. 

Bloomington Ki Badtameezi 

The IU Auditorium will be host to IU’s inaugural Bollywood fusion dance competition at 6:30 p.m. on April 8. The Union Board has brought together eight dance teams from all over the country to participate in the competition, which will feature different styles like Bollywood, contemporary and hip-hop. Tickets will cost $5 for students and $10 for the general public, with prices increasing on the day of the show.  

Related: [IU to host first Bollywood Dance Collegiate Competition]

“Annie” 

Continuing this year’s string of Broadway classics at the auditorium is “Annie,” which will run at 7 p.m. April 11-12. The Tony award-winning musical centers on a group of orphans and invites optimism, resiliency and cheer. The production will stop in Bloomington on its cross-country tour. Student tickets start at $17, with general tickets starting at $30.  

Emmanuel Ax 

Grammy award-winning pianist Emmanuel Ax will come to the auditorium at 7:30 p.m. April 25 to perform a program of Schubert and Liszt. Ax holds numerous honorary degrees of music from several prestigious institutions and has won multiple awards for his work in classical music. Tickets start at $24 with student pricing starting at $14. 

“Speaking of Excellence” featuring George Takei 

The Union Board has partnered with IU’s LGBTQ+ Culture Center to present the first in the “Speaking of Excellence” lecture series at 7 p.m. April 27. Ringing in the series will be actor, author and activist George Takei. Takei has appeared in dozens of films and TV shows spanning five decades, most famously portraying Hikaru Sulu in “Star Trek.” The event is free for IU Bloomington students, with $25 general tickets and $15 IU faculty and staff tickets.