arts music

Bloomington Music Expo, Cosmic Songwriter Festival set for this week

entmusicexpo051723.jpg

As the start of summer approaches, those enjoying quieter nights in Bloomington may be looking for more to do.

The Bloomington Music Expo and the Cosmic Songwriter Festival will kick off this week, with the Songwriter Festival beginning events on Wednesday and the Bloomington Music Expo coming on Saturday. Both events promise live music across a variety of genres from alt-pop to folk.

The Cosmic Songwriter Festival, presented by The Cosmic Songwriters Club, will feature both local and nationally known artists at five Bloomington venues over four days. In total, the festival will feature 30 performers such as S.G. Goodman, Aaron Lee Tasjan, Jason Wilber and The Local Honeys. Venues will include The Orbit Room, The Bluebird, Blockhouse Bar and Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

Tickets are available on the festival’s website. While festival passes are currently sold out, music lovers can still purchase tickets for most of the individual shows. 

The Bloomington Music Expo will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Switchyard Park. The expo, which is free to attend, will feature live music, food and plenty of musical memorabilia available for purchase.

Saturday’s artists include Matt Lundquist, Rickie Maxwell, Hazy Hollows, Amanda Webb, Millaze and Lenox Monroe.