arts music

Local music scene: Oct. 13-Oct. 19

entmusiclisticle101222.jpg

The music scene in Bloomington is constantly vibrant. Bars and house venues showcase new local talent, touring musicians and well-known Bloomington bands. Here are some events to check out for Oct. 13-19. 

Oct. 13 

Blockhouse Bar will host Eli Winter, a Chicago guitarist and composer. Sam Wagster and Tyler Damon will accompany him as he plays his latest album “Eli Winter.” Doors open at 7 p.m. and the folk-rock and psychedelic trio will perform at 8 p.m. People aged 21+ may purchase tickets for $10. 

Country artists David Nail and Tyler Braden will perform as part of their Story To Tell Tour at 8 p.m. at The Bluebird, a 21+ venue. Regular tickets are $25 and VIP tickets are $75. VIP tickets include early entry, early access to merchandise, a meet & greet and photo with Braden, and an autographed VIP laminate. 

Related: [Lilly Library will feature Sherlock Holmes exhibit until December]

Oct. 14 

The Riot Room, a local house venue, will host Detroit musician DJ Girl, Chicago musician Dear Daniel, local hip hop and rap artist Sherrod Woods and local band Fun .2, who will debut. A visual performance will be done by Taylor Dye. Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations and masks are required for entry to the all ages event. Entrance costs $10, and doors will open at 8:30 p.m. before the show begins at 9 p.m. 

DJ Little Town will play music at the Root Cellar Lounge. 

Local indie folk band Westhead and Smushie, an alternative band from Chicago, will perform at the Blockhouse Bar. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for people 21+. 

Local funk and rock band Mindfully Blind will perform at The Tap.  

The Bluebird Bar will host a ten-year anniversary celebration in honor of Taylor Swift’s album, “Red.” Doors will open at 8 p.m. and the show will start at 9 p.m. for this 21+ event. Tickets are $20. 

Local band Violet Hour will debut at a house venue at 521 E. 2nd St. Doors will open at 9 p.m., and the show will start at 10 p.m.  

Oct. 15 

Six Foot Blonde, a local pop funk band, will perform at The Bluebird. The doors will open at 8 p.m. and the show will begin at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10 for the 21+ crowd. 

The Matriarch, a local indie rock band, will perform at The Blockhouse Bar after local punk band The Croakes and local musician Nic Siemer. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show will start at 8 p.m. for people aged 21+.  

Bloomington string band Lowlanders will perform outdoors at the Brown County Inn in Nashville, Indiana at noon. 

DJ Slatino will play Swing Latino music at the Root Cellar Lounge. 

The Pussy Palace, a backyard house venue at 831 W. 6th St., will host Bloomington psychedelic funk band Speth, local indie band Foredaze and Chicago indie pop and grunge band Calicoloco at 6 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m. There will be a Halloween costume contest. Entrance for people aged 18+ costs $5, and proof of COVID-19 vaccinations or a negative COVID-19 test are required for entry. 

Bloomington rock band Vuko will perform at 8 p.m. at The Orbit Room. Tickets are $6 for the 21+ audience. 

Related: [COLUMN: The woman he married: how artistic interpretation finds pain in divorce]

Oct. 19  

Eddy Gonzo and The Gardeners, a Bloomington rock band, will perform at The Bluebird Bar, a 21+ venue. Doors open at 9 p.m., and the show will begin at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5. 

Glitter Brains, a punk rock band for children, will perform at 6 p.m. at The Orbit Room. Table reservations are available for $15. Dead Country will perform at 8 p.m. Tickets are $11 and table reservations are available for $20.