arts music

Latin touring bands to perform at the Bishop Bar Oct. 8

entlittlejesusdivino092522

Touring bands Little Jesus, a Latin indie rock band, and Divino Niño, American/Colombian rock band, will perform 9 p.m. Oct. 8 at the Bishop Bar.  

Latin pop musician Pieri will open the event. Tickets are currently $18 and $20 at the door. They’re available for people 18 and older through the venue’s website.  

Little Jesus originated from Mexico City in 2012. The five friends and band members’s first single “Berlin” was played on Mexico City radio stations and gained attraction due to the dance rhythm and tropipop genre. 

Its nine-song debut album, “Norte,” was released in 2013. With “Norte,” the band toured through Europe, South America, the Mexican Republic and some U.S. cities followed. 

Related: [Buskirk-Chumley to host horror film ‘So Cold the River’ Sept. 30

Little Jesus has also collaborated with Colombian artists Elsa Y Elmar and Ximena Sariñana on the band’s second album, “Río Salvaje.” 

Sony Music released the band’s third album in 2019, which led to its first full U.S. tour.  

Divino Niño, a Chicago-based Colombian band, formed in 2013. The band makes psychedelic dream-pop music. Divino Niño performed at Pitchfork Music Festival Chicago in 2021 after releasing its single “Drive.” 

On its LP “Foam,” the band showcased its influences including reggae, electronic music, South American rap and bachata. 

Divino Niño’s fourth album, “Last Spa on Earth,” was released Sept. 23. 

More information about the event can be found on the Bishop Bar’s website

CORRECTION: Colombia was misspelled in a previous version of this article.