arts community events exhibits

Fourth and Rogers Block Party to present art, live music, food

entblockparty060122.jpg

The third annual Fourth and Rogers Block Party will be held 5-9 p.m. on June 3. West Fourth Street will be closed for a block on either side of Rogers Street to present art, live music, food and entertainment. 

The event is free and open to the public. Several new Gallery Walk exhibits will be at the FAR Center for Contemporary Arts, Rainbow Bakery and I Fell, according to the press release

At FAR, the Pictura Gallery will exhibit photography by Claire Warden, along with an artist talk at 6 p.m. The 505 Theatre will present a pop-up market featuring Office Clothier, Mother of Clay, Cherry Canary Vintage, Wax and Wane Herbals and Griffy’s Art Supply. 

Rainbow Bakery will open a gallery show featuring photography by Brick Daniel Kyle and Garrett Ann Walters. Rainbow Bakery will also serve their signature vegan treats, along with cold drinks and coffee.

I Fell will feature two new exhibits. K.D. Self will be in the main room with an installation of collage, photographs, video and mediation. Jim Andrew’s charcoal and pastels exhibit will be in the pop-up space. 

Secretly Group’s office will also have open doors for drinks and a walk-through art gallery. Lotus Education and Arts Foundation will conduct a visual arts workshop of printmaking with foam. The workshop is free and open to the public in the Lotus Firebay

Throughout the event, there will be food and drink provided by Rainbow Bakery, Maiz Comida Colombiana, Rasta Pops, Pili’s Party Taco, Bivi’s Tamales, BloomingBowls and Upland Brewery Granfalloon Beer.

There will also be live music from Wadzanai Marimba and WFHB DJs.