Rock artist Brandon Tinkler to perform June 3 at the IMU Centennial Patio

<p>Musician Brandon Tinkler performs at Sofar Indianapolis. Tinkler will perform at 7 p.m. on June 3 at the Indiana Memorial Union Centennial Patio as part of IU’s Outdoor Summer Concert Series.</p>

Musician Brandon Tinkler performs at Sofar Indianapolis. Tinkler will perform at 7 p.m. on June 3 at the Indiana Memorial Union Centennial Patio as part of IU’s Outdoor Summer Concert Series.

Rock artist Brandon Tinkler will be performing at 7 p.m. on June 3 at the Indiana Memorial Union Centennial Patio as part of IU’s Outdoor Summer Concert Series. The event will be free and open to the public.

As the second performer in the series, Tinkler will be performing original music, which incorporates elements of Americana in with the sound of early rock ‘n’ roll.

Tinkler is based out of Indianapolis and is an IU alumnus. According to his website, he is currently touring in several Indiana cities, and this show will be his eighth stop of 2022. In addition to touring, Tinkler is also working on recording new music with singer Gus Moon.

He began playing rock music at 15 years old, and his career in composing and performing began soon after. His most recent album, “Open up Your Eyes,” was released in 2018 and blends a wide range of genres, including calypso, psychedelia and blues.

Fans of The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel and the Beach Boys will find something to enjoy in Tinkler’s music.

The Outdoor Summer Concert Series will feature three shows after Tinkler’s, including a set of blues music by Sadie Johnson on July 8. Performers for concerts on June 17 and July 22 have yet to be decided. All concerts will be free and open to the public, and food and drinks will be available from the Vault.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.