Former IU diver Jessica Parratto wins silver medal in 10-meter synchronized platform

<p>Jessica Parratto warms up before the women&#x27;s synchronized 10-meter preliminaries at the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Indianapolis. Parratto earned a silver medal in the 10-meter synchronized platform diving competition Tuesday.</p>

Jessica Parratto warms up before the women's synchronized 10-meter preliminaries at the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Indianapolis. Parratto earned a silver medal in the 10-meter synchronized platform diving competition Tuesday.

Jessica Parratto, a 2019 IU graduate, won a silver medal alongside the University of Arizona’s Delaney Schnell in the 10-meter synchronized platform diving event Tuesday in Tokyo.

Parratto and Schnell’s five dives scored a cumulative total of 310.80. China’s Chen Yuxi and Zhang Jiaqi won the gold medal with a score of 363.78.

In the 2016 Rio Olympics, Parratto finished in seventh in the same event alongside IU alumna Amy Cozad.

Parratto was a three-time First-Team All-Big Ten selection at IU and an eight-time All-American. As a redshirt freshman in 2015, she won the NCAA Champion in platform diving.

IU athletes have now won four medals in Tokyo, including two golds in the 400-meter freestyle relay and a bronze in the 100-meter breaststroke.

The medal was the first ever for Americans in the women’s 10-meter synchronized platform diving competition.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments