Eskenazi, Speed Art museums to co-host talk about women and politics in art

<p>The Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art is located at 1133 E. 7th St. The Eskenazi Museum and the Speed Art Museum will host a virtual conversation about women in politics and art Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. </p>

The Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art is located at 1133 E. 7th St. The Eskenazi Museum and the Speed Art Museum will host a virtual conversation about women in politics and art Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.

In honor of the upcoming inauguration of the first female vice president, the Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art and the Speed Art Museum will co-host a virtual conversation entitled “Facing the Revolution: Conversation with the Curators” on Zoom at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The conversation will be centered on the exhibition “Facing the Revolution: Portraits of Women in France and the United States” at the Eskenazi Museum of Art. The exhibition, composed of paintings created between 1785 and 1835, highlights French and American women whose lives were affected by social and political affairs.

Galina Olmsted, assistant curator of European and American art at the Eskenazi Museum of Art and Erika Holmquist-Wall, the Mary & Barry Bingham sr. curator of European & American painting & sculpture at the Speed Art Museum will lead the conversation.

The program will be followed by break-out rooms.. Registration through the Speed Art Museum is free and limited to one per household.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments