arts food

Craft beer festival set for Saturday

Locals will have the opportunity to taste Indiana’s various small breweries this weekend.

The 18th annual Indiana Microbrewers Festival will take place 3 to 7 p.m. July 20 in Indianapolis’ Broad Ripple Village at the Indianapolis Art Center and Optimist Park.

The festival, sponsored by more than 20 local and national beer-brewing supporters, including Sun King Brewing Co., will feature more than 300 beer selections from which visitors can choose and sample.

Tickets are available at multiple price levels.

Visitors can opt for the $100 VIP Experience, which includes Early Bird admission to the festival at 2 p.m. and access to the VIP tent, where special beer tappings and food pairings will be available.

Early Bird tickets are $55 and include early admission at 2 p.m., a personal tasting glass and unlimited beer samples.

General admission will cost $40 and includes a tasting glass and unlimited beer samples.

Festival-goers who choose not to sample the alcohol that day can purchase a Designated Driver ticket for $10, which includes a special designated driver parking spot and unlimited soft drinks during the festival.

VIP Experience and Early Bird tickets are available for purchase online only. General Admission tickets can be purchased at Broad Ripple Brewpub, at Crown Liquors stores or online.

A portion of the proceeds from the event’s ticket sales will be given to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fighting Blood Cancers.

For more information about the Indiana Microbrewers Festival, visit the events page at brewersofindianaguild.com.

— Amanda Jacobson