Costume for a Cause

halloween fashion

Kappa Delta sorority presented a runway for students to strut their stuff and raise money for the IU Dance Marathon on Tuesday evening in the field behind Foster Quad.  
Halloween costumes were provided by Campus Costume and modeled by volunteers from the greek community as well as IU’s dance team, the Red Steppers. 

Character costumes included Peter Pan, Dumb and Dumber and Little Miss Muffet, who all “catwalked” for the cause.

“I don’t usually get to hang out with 40 girls at once in a fairy costume,” said volunteer model junior Nick Strawn.

This is the third year Kappa Delta has presented the fashion show with goals of raising at least $2,000 and is the sorority’s official fundraiser for IUDM. Aside from ticket sales, attendees vouched and voted for models.

“It’s great for greek life to come together in the spirit of philanthropy,” said junior , Jillian Casamo, vice president of public relations at Kappa.

Before the fashion showcase, the Bloomington local band, The American Night, occupied the runway as the crowd began shuffling onto the field.

The band was told that if Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix had a baby, the band would be the product, said drummer of the band Kevin Jordan.

Halloween spirit was in the air as goody bag treats filled with glow sticks and Hawaiian lays greeted guests. Campus Costume featured a stand selling discount costumes along with a McAlister’s Deli vender of sweet tea, popcorn and cotton candy.

Seeing everyone pumped and shaking on stage for their house makes you realize IUDM is here, said sophomore Kerry Gulman.

“Alice in Wonderland” characters floated onto the runway while a gingerbread girl blew kisses and a cop without pants tossed his hat into the audience.

Nothing is better than guys in tights all for a charity event, said sophomore Rachelle Martino.