David Wolfe Bender

Managing Editor, Spring 2022

David Wolfe Bender served as a managing editor for the Indiana Daily Student in Spring 2022. He previously served as an editor on the IDS’s news desk for Fall 2021. As a reporter, he covered the political and government bodies of Bloomington, Indiana, as well as student government at IU (Fall 2020-Spring 2021). He also previously held a position with WFYI News Radio in Indianapolis as a General Assignment Reporter. While serving as a managing editor, he sporadically covered city council and various news throughout Bloomington. 

Twitter: @dbenderpt

davidwolfebender.com

More articles »

cabrief040622.jpg

Mayor John Hamilton gave his seventh State of the City address Feb. 24, 2022, at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Bloomington Mayor John Hamilton asked the city council to consider a 0.855% increase to local income tax rates.

caswastikaheart121621.jpg

A white heart is seen Dec. 16, 2021, covering a swastika that was found on the side of a building near the corner of Sixth and Madison streets. This was the sixth swastika discovered in Bloomington in the past three weeks.

caswastika121421.jpg

A swastika is seen Dec. 14, 2021, on a light post next to a building belonging to the Boys and Girls Club of Bloomington, near the intersection of Third and Lincoln Streets. It is the fifth swastika found in Bloomington in the last three weeks.

castateofthecity022521.jpg

Mayor John Hamilton gives his State of the City address Thursday over Zoom. In his sixth State of the City address, Mayor Hamilton emphasized how the city can move forward with the economic and social effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

cacovidconference012221.jpg

City of Bloomington employees meet Jan. 22 on Zoom to discuss COVID-19 related problems. Kirk White, IU-Bloomington COVID Response Unit lead, said that out-of-state students or faculty who need a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccination will not be able to do so in Indiana.

caiusg121520.png

A screenshot from the Nov. 15 IU Student Government meeting. After debate at the last meeting of the semester, IUSG Congress approved a constitutional measure to add a minimum of 31 seats in the body of Congress for different multicultural groups.

More media »