sports women's basketball

Indiana women’s basketball February matchup against Iowa, Caitlin Clark sells out

spiuwbbattendance010424.jpeg

No. 14 Indiana women’s basketball’s contest against No. 4 Iowa on Feb. 22 is sold out, according to an IU Athletics press release from Wednesday. The sellout marks just the second in program history with the first coming against Purdue in February 2023. 

Additionally, paid parking is also sold out but free parking is available at Gates 8, 9, 10 and 11. The IU Athletics parking map can be found here. 

The Hoosiers hosted the Hawkeyes on Feb. 9, 2023, in front of a raucous Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall crowd of 13,046 — setting what stood as the program record for attendance until later that month. 

Indiana has set numerous attendance records under head coach Teri Moren. Four of the top five most attended games have been during 2022-23 and 2023-24. 

The first matchup between Indiana and Iowa is set for 8 p.m. on Jan. 13 at Carver Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City on FOX before the squads face off in Bloomington.  

Iowa boasts a 14-1 overall record alongside a 3-0 record in Big Ten play — leading the conference. Senior guard Caitlin Clark — the 2023 John R. Wooden Award winner — leads the country in scoring, averaging 31.5 points per game.

Follow reporters Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and Quinn Richards (@Quinn_richa), columnist Ryan Canfield (@_ryancanfield) and photographer Olivia Bianco (@theoliviabianco) for updates throughout the Indiana women’s basketball season.