arts music

Harpist Mikaela Davis, musician John Strohm to perform Oct. 27 at The Bishop Bar

entbishopglad101923.jpg

Songwriter and harpist Mikaela Davis and musician and lawyer John Strohm will perform separate sets Oct. 27 at The Bishop Bar. Tickets are available for $20 or entrance will cost $25 on the day of the show. The 21+ show will begin at 8:30 p.m. 

Davis is a Hudson Valley-based artist and has been releasing music as a solo artist since 2018. She also performs and records with the band Southern Star. She has released two albums, one EP and various singles. Her latest release was the album “And Southern Star” in August.   

Along with songwriting, Davis is a harpist and is trained in classical music. Now, she creates genre-bending original music that mixes pop, psychedelic and bluegrass rock sounds. 

Strohm, a music lawyer, has worked with many artists in the industry throughout the years. As an indie musician, he dropped out of music school and spent a decade performing on tour and with rock bands The Lemonheads and Blake Babies, according to The Bishop Bar’s website.  

From 2017 to 2022, Strohm was President of Rounder Records and continued to practice law in 2022 as a partner at the firm of Frost, Brown and Todd in Nashville, TN.