Jackson-Davis, Holmes named to Wooden Award Late Season Top 20 Watch Lists

spiubasketballbrief013023.jpg

No. 21 Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis and No. 4 Indiana women’s basketball senior forward Mackenzie Holmes were each named to the respective John R. Wooden Award Late Season Top 20 Watch Lists. 

Jackson-Davis and Holmes were also selected as Big Ten Co-Players of the Week, the conference announced Monday afternoon. 

Jackson-Davis has led the Hoosiers to five-straight wins, averaging 25.4 points, 13.4 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 4.2 blocks in the process. The Preseason All-American recently earned four different Player of the Week honors and was named to the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year Watch List and the Oscar Robertson Trophy Midseason Watch List. 

[Related: Trayce Jackson-Davis continues to build decorated legacy of showmanship and success

Holmes and her Hoosiers boast a 20-1 record, having recently defeated then-No. 2 Ohio State in their biggest win of the season. Holmes is averaging 22 points on 68.4% shooting, both top-10 statistics in the country. 

[Related: Down goes No. 2: Indiana women’s basketball defeats Ohio State to notch third top-10 win

Both teams will face Purdue in rivalry matchups this weekend with Jackson-Davis' coming Saturday in Bloomington and Holmes’ on Sunday in West Lafayette, Ind. 

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz) and columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.