arts iu auditorium music

IU Auditorium to feature John Mellencamp, ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ and more in February

entauditoriym012923-png

Editor’s note: Ticket prices are subject to change based on seating availability. 

This February brings a diverse and exciting lineup of performances to the IU Auditorium. Ranging from Broadway classics to premier jazz to comedic magic, February’s schedule is packed with eclectic exhibitions. 

John Mellencamp 

John Mellencamp will play the first two shows of his 2023 tour at the auditorium at 8 p.m. from Feb. 5-6. Mellencamp was born and raised in Seymour, Indiana, making these shows something of a hometown start for his tour. His most recent album, “Strictly A One-Eyed Jack,” was released last year. Tickets start at $49.50 and can be found at the IU Auditorium website.  

“Fiddler on the Roof” 

One of the most well-known musicals of all time, “Fiddler on the Roof” will come to the auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8-9. The Tony award-winning musical has maintained its position as a prominent piece of musical theater culture since its 1964 debut. This particular production is lauded as a fresh take on the classic tale and has received praise from numerous publications. Tickets start at $30, with student pricing starting at $17 and can be found here

Related: [IU Auditorium to welcome John Mellencamp, ‘Annie’ and more this semester]

Justin Willman: “Magic for Humans” 

Justin Willman’s Netflix show “Magic for Humans” has gained notoriety for its irreverent tone, commonplace settings and, of course, its dazzling magic. He has now brought that notoriety to the stage with his touring show of the same name which will stop at the auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 11. Willman aims to bring the disconcerting experience of his TV show to the stage with magic and mind reading that will incorporate audience members. Tickets start at $34.50 and can be found here

Jazz at Lincoln Center 

Jazz at Lincoln Center will bring its show “Songs We Love” to the IU Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20. The show aims to present the story of the first 50 years of jazz with the works of legends ranging from Ma Rainey to Frank Sinatra. The show is directed by Riley Mulherkar and will stress the contributions of vocalists to the culture of jazz. Student tickets start at $14 and general tickets start at $24. They can be found here

Related: [Buskirk-Chumley Theater to screen ‘Hoosiers,’ ‘The Room’ and more in January and February]

Black Violin 

Black Violin will perform at the auditorium at 8 p.m. Feb. 25. The Grammy-nominated duo mixes the sounds of classical music and hip-hop in a show that brings together Mozart, Marvin Gaye and Kendrick Lamar. Black Violin is made up of Kev Marcus on violin and Wil Baptiste on viola and vocals, but this show will also feature Nat Stokes on drums, DJ SPS mixing and Liston Gregory on keyboard. Tickets start at $29 with student tickets starting at $16. They can be found here.