arts music theater

Buskirk-Chumley Theater to screen ‘Hoosiers,’ ‘The Room’ and more in January and February

entbuskirk012622-png

Are you bored? Need something to look forward to? The Buskirk-Chumley Theater on Kirkwood hosts a plethora of events sure to appeal to the masses. Tickets for all events can be found at buskirkchumley.org/events or purchased at their box office. 

January 

The theater will show the 1986 film “Hoosiers” at 2 p.m. Jan. 29. Tickets are priced from $6-8. 

February 

Grammy-winning Bluegrass artist Michael Cleveland, alongside his band Flamekeeper, is set to play at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10. Tickets for the event range from $26-36. 

“The Room,” fondly known as the best worst movie, will play at 8 p.m. Feb. 11. Tickets for the interactive movie start at $12, with a prop bag available for an additional $3. 

Related: [Indiana University Prison Arts Initiative student exhibition to open Jan. 31]

Classic ‘80s rom-com “Dirty Dancing” will be shown at 7 p.m. on Valentine’s Day. Tickets are priced at $6-8. 

Bloomington’s chapter of the Boys and Girls Club will host a silent auction of local artwork from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17. A portion of all sales will go toward supporting the club, but the event itself is free to attend. Later that evening, pop-rock rap artist Landon Cube will rock the theater starting at 8 p.m. Tickets for the show range from $20-40 with a $60 meet-and-greet package available. 

Hoosier singer-songwriter Jeff Day will play at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18. His new album “Manifest” is available to stream online. Tickets range from $10-20. 

Nikki Glazer, comedian and host of HBO’s “FBOY Island,” will make a stop at the theater on her tour at 7 p.m. Feb. 23. Tickets range from $50-150. 

Related: [COLUMN: ‘Gossip Girl,’ like Serena, just had to go]

TED x Indiana will present its “Fishbowl” series at 6 p.m. Feb. 24. Speakers will explore the duality of perception from both sides of the fishbowl. Tickets are priced at $10-25. 

Throwback classic movie “The Mummy” will be shown at 2 p.m. Feb. 26. Tickets range from $6-8. 

The Jacobs School of Music will present a free performance of the Indiana Latin Jazz Ensemble at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27. The family-friendly event is unticketed.