sports men's basketball women's basketball

Indiana athletics to add beer sales to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall beginning Oct. 7

spiubeer091922.jpg

Indiana athletics announced the addition of beer sales to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall for men’s and women’s basketball games beginning Oct. 7 during Hoosier Hysteria. Assembly Hall is the fifth university sporting venue to include alcohol sales, in addition to Memorial Stadium, Bart Kaufman Field, Andy Mohr Field and Bill Armstrong Stadium. 

[Related: Indiana Athletics is exploring possibility of selling beer at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall]

“We continue to receive very positive feedback about our decision to introduce this option at a number of our other home sporting events, which makes this decision a logical next step in our ongoing efforts to improve the experience for our passionate Hoosier fans,” Athletic Director Scott Dolson said in an IU release. “As we have done at our other venues, we will be diligent about promoting, encouraging, and supporting responsible behavior at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.” 

Customers must show a valid photo ID proving they are at least 21 years old and will be limited to two drinks per transaction. Sales will conclude with 10 minutes remaining in the second half during men’s games and at the end of the third quarter during women’s games.