arts performances music

Judy Collins to perform May 19 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater

entjudycollins051622.jpg

American singer-songwriter Judy Collins will perform at 8 p.m. May 19 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Doors open at 7 p.m. for reserved seating. 

Ticket prices will vary with seating areas. Orchestra pit tickets will cost $72, orchestra tickets will cost $60, lower balcony seats will be $50 and upper balcony seats will be $40. Tickets are available on the BCT Box Office website.  Ticket prices will increase the day of the show.

In her career, which spans more than seven decades, Collins has had many accomplishments. Her discography consists of 36 studio albums, nine live albums, numerous compilation albums, four holiday albums and 21 singles. 

Her rendition of Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now” from Collins’ 1967 album “Wildflowers” has been entered into the Grammy Hall of Fame. Collins’ version of “Send in the Clowns,” a ballad written by Stephen Sondheim for the Broadway musical “A Little Night Music,” won “Song of the Year” at the 1975 Grammy Awards. 

In 2008, contemporary and classic artists such as Rufus Wainwright, Shawn Colvin, Dolly Parton, Joan Baez and Leonard Cohen honored Collins’ legacy with the compilation album “Born to the Breed: A Tribute to Judy Collins.”

Collins’ most recent collaboration as a singer-songwriter is the 2020 television special and album “Winter Stories” with Norwegian musician Jonas Fjeld and backed by American bluegrass group Chatham County Line. 

Collins is also an accomplished painter, filmmaker, record label head, musical mentor and a keynote speaker for mental health and suicide prevention. 

The estimated length of the show is two hours. Wearing a mask indoors is strongly encouraged. COVID-19 vaccine verification or negative test results within 48 hours are required to enter the venue.