Bloomington Handmade Market to feature regional artists June 4

<p>The Bloomington Handmade Market will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 4 on Kirkwood Avenue.</p>

The Bloomington Handmade Market will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 4 on Kirkwood Avenue.

Bloomington Handmade Market will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on June 4. The fair is free to attend and will be held on Kirkwood Avenue between Lincoln Street and Indiana Avenue.

BHM features artisans, crafters and designers from all over the Midwest. These artists are selected from a pool of applicants, and BHM looks for artists and crafters that create quality work that may not be seen at traditional craft fairs, according to the BHM website

This year, there are 60 regional artists who will be selling handmade items such as clothing, houseware, jewelry, candles, pottery and more. A full list of vendors is available on the Handmade Market website.  

Co-founders Mia Beach, Sally Harless and Nicole Wolfersberger started BHM in 2009. They saw the need for an Bloomington artistic venue that would feature emerging artists and showcase their work at an affordable price, according to the BHM website. 

Over ten years later, BHM holds two shows per year. The summer fair is held in June on Kirkwood Avenue and the holiday fair is held in November at the Monroe Convention Center.

BHM is partnered with IU Arts and Humanities as a part of Granfalloon Festival 2022.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.