Nick Cullather named interim dean for Hamilton Lugar School

<p>The Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies is located at 355 N. Jordan Ave. Starting Feb. 1, Nick Cullather, professor of international studies, will serve as interim dean of the school, according to a press release Wednesday.</p>

The Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies is located at 355 N. Jordan Ave. Starting Feb. 1, Nick Cullather, professor of international studies, will serve as interim dean of the school, according to a press release Wednesday.

International studies professor Nick Cullather will take over as interim dean of the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies on Feb. 1, according to an IU Bloomington Today article published Tuesday. 

As a U.S. foreign relations historian, Cullather has served in a number of roles at the school, including associate dean from 2014 to 2015 and executive associate dean from 2015 to 2019. He also conducts research on the history of intelligence, development and nation-building and teaches in the Department of History in the College of Arts and Sciences, according to the article. 

The school’s founding dean Lee Feinstein announced his departure from the school Dec. 16. Feinstein will serve as president of McLarty Associates, a commercial diplomacy firm in Washington, D.C, according to the article.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.