Founding dean of Hamilton Lugar School will step down in January 2022

Lee Feinstein, dean of the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies, will be stepping down from his role at the end of January 2022. Feinstein was the founding dean of the school.

Lee Feinstein, founding dean of the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies, will step down from his role at the end of January 2022, according to an IU press release Thursday. 

Feinstein will leave IU to join McLarty Associates, an advisory firm in Washington, D.C. He played a role in rebranding the school in 2018, which included the school being named after former Indiana congressman Lee H. Hamilton and former Indiana Sen. Richard G. Lugar. 

“It has been the honor of a lifetime to serve Indiana University as founding dean of the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies,” Feinstein said in the release. 

Interim IU-Bloomington Provost and Executive Vice President John Applegate will name an interim dean soon, according to the release.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.