arts iu auditorium performances

IU Auditorium spring lineup includes ‘Jersey Boys,’ Blue Man Group and more

entaudlineup010922.jpg

IU Auditorium’s spring 2022 season includes two musicals and several speakers and musicians. Tickets for events can be purchased on the IU Auditorium website

An Officer and a Gentleman

“An Officer and a Gentleman” opens IU Auditorium's spring season for one night only Jan. 18 at 7:30 p.m. This live stage production is an adaptation by Tony Award-nominee Dick Scanlan and is based on the original screenplay by Douglas Day Stewart. The musical is directed by Scanlan with choreography by Patricia Wilcox. 

Ken Jeong

Actor, producer, writer and comedian Ken Jeong was supposed to perform a night of standup at 8 p.m. Feb. 12. Due to scheduling issues, Jeong canceled his IU Auditorium appearance, according to a Jan. 13 press release. As well as appearing in hit movies like “The Hangover” films, “Crazy Rich Asians” and “Step Brothers,” Jeong is currently a judge on Fox’s show “The Masked Singer.”

Martha Graham Dance Company

Martha Graham Dance Company will perform at the IU Auditorium 7:30 p.m. March 1. Founded by dancer and choreographer Martha Graham, the Company continues to honor her long standing masterpieces alongside works by contemporary choreographers of today. Their Bloomington performance will include the works “Acts of Light,” “Diversion of Angels,” “Immediate Tragedy” and “Scavengers.”

Dierks Bentley: “Beers On Me” Tour 2022

As part of Dierks Bentley’s “Beers On Me” Tour, Live Nation will present Dierks Bentley live at 7 p.m. March 4 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Bentley is an American country music singer-songwriter and will be joined by special guests Lainey Wilson and Jordan Davis. 

Blue Man Group

As part of their North American tour, Blue Man Group returns to Bloomington 7:30 p.m. March 23-24. The Blue Man Group will feature original music, custom-made instruments, surprise audience interaction and moments of creativity and comedy for an audience of all ages. 

St. Louis Symphony Orchestra

Grammy Award-winning orchestra St. Louis Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8 p.m. March 25. As the second oldest orchestra in the country, this season marks St. Louis Symphony Orchestra 142nd year. Their Bloomington performance will include James Lee III’s “Chupshah! Harriet’s Drive to Canaan,” George Gershwin’s “Concerto in F” and Rachmaninoff’s “Symphony No. 3.” 

Silkroad Presents: “Home Within

Grammy Award-winning Silkroad Ensemble will perform at 8 p.m. April 8. Their program in Bloomington will feature an evening-length multimedia performance of “Home Within,” an emotional accounting of home in a time of conflict.

Jersey Boys

The Tony and Grammy Award-winning musical “Jersey Boys” will return to Bloomington at 8 pm. April 22-23. The musical follows the 1960s rock 'n' roll group The Four Seasons through their formation, success and eventual break-up.  

Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott

World-renowned musicians Yo-Yo Ma and Katheryn Stott will perform at 8 p.m. April 26. Meeting in 1978, the duo started collaborating together in 1985. Their collaborations include two Grammy Award-winning albums, “Obrigado Brazil” and “Obrigado Brazil–Live in Concert,” and their most recent album, “Songs of Comfort and Hope.”