Another swastika seen in Bloomington, third reported in two weeks

<p>Swastika and other graffiti is seen spray painted onto a building at the intersection of South Lincoln Street and East Smith Avenue. This is the third time Bloomington residents have noticed the hate symbol across the city in the past two weeks. </p>

Swastika and other graffiti is seen spray painted onto a building at the intersection of South Lincoln Street and East Smith Avenue. This is the third time Bloomington residents have noticed the hate symbol across the city in the past two weeks.

A swastika was found by a Bloomington resident on the first night of Hanukkah. This is the third time Bloomington residents have noticed the hate symbol across the city in the last two weeks. 

A cover-up of a swastika is spray painted onto a building near South Lincoln Street and East Smith Avenue. It reads "love everyone." Courtesy Photo

The swastika is recognized as a hate symbol by the Anti-Defamation League.

The swastika, found at the intersection of South Lincoln Street and East Smith Avenue, has since been painted over. In addition to the white paint covering the swastika, someone painted “Love Everyone” on the wall. 

IU Police Department and Bloomington Police Department are both looking for suspects in the two previously reported incidents.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.