arts performances music

Rock duo Remo Drive to perform at the Bishop bar this weekend

entbishopbrief040819.jpg

Rock duo Remo Drive will be performing at 8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Bishop Bar. The group will play after opening acts from local artists Matt Tobey and Inkwell Moon.

The concert will feature music from Remo Drive’s debut album “Greatest Hits,” which was self-released in 2017. The album combines a variety of music styles, such as classic rock, emo, ‘90s grunge and alternative rock.

The Minnesota-based group is comprised of two brothers, 20-year-old Erik and 22-year-old Stephen Paulson who created the band in 2013 when they were in high school. Remo Drive signed with Epitaph Records in February 2018. The band’s debut album with Epitaph Records is “Pop Music,” which is out now.

Much of the group’s music pays tribute to Midwestern emo heavyweights like “American Football” and “The Promise Ring,” as well as grunge music from the ‘90s. The group’s music has themes of self-reflection and discomfort with the ordinary.

The band recently announced its North American tour for this summer, from May 30 to July 6.

The show is open to people 18 years old and older, and doors open at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance and $17 the day of the show.