Get spooked at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater this Friday

<p>"Wallace &amp; Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" was released Oct. 5, 2005.</p>

"Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" was released Oct. 5, 2005.

Get ready to be spooked into Halloween weekend at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, where live macabre music and a showing of “Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit” will be presented at 5:30 p.m. Friday.

Music will be performed by the Bloomington Community Band, showcasing “tunes from the crypt.” Spooky music ranging from Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” to the Addams Family will accompany black and white horror videos, and attendees are invited to wear costumes, according to the Buskirk-Chumley website.

Promptly following the band’s performance, a showing of “Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit” will be at 7 p.m. The film’s plot follows Wallace and his dog Gromit as they try and figure out who or what is destroying the town’s gardens, according to the website.

The event is free to the public and donations will be accepted to benefit the Krimson Leadership Academy which helps young men of color in fourth through sixth grades develop leadership skills. Doors at the Buskirk-Chumley will open at 5 p.m.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.