Bone Thugs N’ Harmony to perform at Bluebird Nightclub

“Uni-5: The World’s Enemy,” is hip-hop group Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s first release in more than a decade with all five members on the record.

However, not all five members will be in attendance when the group performs at 9 p.m. Monday at the Bluebird NIghtclub. Tickets can be purchased for $20 plus fees online at www.ticketmaster.com.

“Bizzy’s not on tour,” Wish Bone said. “We did what we did for the band’s sake, period.” Wish Bone said he didn’t care to comment on what happened.

Layzie Bone, Flesh-n-Bone, Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone are currently on their “E. 1999 Eternal Tour,” performing hits from their classic album “E. 1999 Eternal,” with a live band.

The album was a tribute to late rapper Eazy-E and was named after Eazy’s “Eternal E” album.

“They came here last September and it went well so I wanted to bring them back,” Bluebird Nightclub owner Dave Kubiak said. “I think people are excited to hear the live band behind them and the 1999 album.”

Wish Bone said the majority of what the group will perform is “E. 1999 Eternal,” but there will be some surprises. The live band will include a guitarist, a bassist, a drummer, a keyboardist and a trumpet player.

“They’re relevant to college students and people in their early 20s because Bone Thugs were a part of their pop culture growing up,” Kubiak said.

Wish Bone said he agreed that IU students could connect with his group’s music.

“If you got a heart and soul and you real about it, you can relate in that way,” he said. “There’s always a message. If you listen loud enough you can get something out of it.”
Wish Bone said he personally loves the first single, “See Me Shine,” off the group’s
recent album.

“It makes sense,” Wish Bone said. “Everyone has someone who’s looking down on them.”

Wish Bone said the new album focuses on more mature and grown-up topics in addition to women and cars.

“We actually use it to give out knowledge we’ve learned over the years,” Wish Bone said.

He said the group’s music has one overriding message — survival. He said this includes four smaller messages: strength, courage, heart and faith.

“Personally a lot of artists these days are cartoonists,” Wish Bone said. He said it’s not just about who can do the best “Stanky Leg.”

Wish Bone also said young artists trying to make it need to refocus and make rap their only goal.

“It’s not just for everybody,” he said. “Just cause ice cream looks good doesn’t mean it
tastes good.”

Wish Bone said his influences include Patti Labelle, Geto Boys, N.W.A, Marvin Gay and the Rolling Stones, but he doesn’t limit himself to one genre.

“I listen to a wide variety. I like country, like Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks,” Wish
Bone said.

The group will hit a total of 35 cities on its tour through Oct. 30.

“We’re blessed with our health and longevity,” Wish Bone said. ”I want to get my first solo record out there. I’ve been working a long time, so I’m really looking to sit back and be a boss.”