Who is Krista Detor?

A chart-topping recording artist across the Atlantic, Krista Detor lives an unassuming life here in Bloomington. But after Saturday’s release of her third album “Cover Their Eyes,” an upcoming tour that spans the United States and Europe and a Summer PBS special, Detor may be the next big thing in Americana music.\nDetor’s mother, Judie Iverson, is proud her daughter is living her dream as a successful singer/songwriter and said her Krista is so much more than just the artist you see onstage.\nIndeed.\nA loving mother, daughter and wife, Krista enjoys quoting Kurt Vonnegut and watching old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 with her family. Detor can hit the bulls eye of a dartboard with a blow dart gun from a distance of 15 feet and has a 37-foot long boat named “The Gumption” sitting on her front lawn. Her husband, high-flying-acrobat-turn-music producer David Weber, said Detor is the best talent he’s ever worked with. She’s one hell of a cook, too.\nBeing on the cusp of stardom is a special time for an artist. A year ago Detor could go grocery shopping and, most likely, she would not be recognized. A year from now, that may change.\n“I have no idea where this is going,” she said. “I know more people will know who I am but you never really know. Maybe I’ll get lucky.” \nWith two back-to-back critically-acclaimed albums released less than two years apart already under her belt, it’s hard to say luck factors into the equation of Detor’s success. Gumption figures into the equation, the woman does have gumption.