Sunday, Oct. 6

city bloomington

IU Health opens westside Urgent Care location

caiuhealthurgentcare-1 060724.png

IU Health opened a second Bloomington Urgent Care location Tuesday at 482 S. Liberty Drive for walk-in service. 

The westside office is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. It will also be open on holidays. 

“Bloomington is a hub for healthcare in south-central Indiana, and we’re always looking at how to best serve the needs of our local communities,” Mike Teague, IU Health South Central Region primary care service line medical executive, said in a news release. “The addition of a second urgent care on Bloomington’s westside is an opportunity to better provide convenient, non-emergency care for those who develop minor medical concerns that can’t wait for a primary care appointment.” 

According to its website, the office is for immediate, non-life-threatening care. Examples include minor illnesses, minor injuries and wellness or prevention screenings. 

Occupational health services are available, which include injury treatment, testing, screenings, immunizations and exams for employees. 

The office also includes veteran services. IU Health is a U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs community provider. 

Patients can schedule a visit by calling (812) 353-3443 or reserve a spot in its walk-in line on the website. 

UPDATE: This story was updated to include a photo of the new Urgent Care location on 482 S. Liberty Drive.