sports women's basketball

Indiana women’s basketball head coach Teri Moren contract extended through 2028-2029 season

spiuwbbbrief060223.pg

Indiana women's basketball head coach Teri Moren's contract has been extended by two years through the 2028-2029 season, per an Indiana Athletics release Friday.  

Moren will receive more than $1.3 million annually –– the second-highest salary amongst women's basketball coaches in the Big Ten –– and the seventh-highest nationally.  

Salary bonuses include Big Ten regular season and postseason championships, placing top-three in the Big Ten regular season, NCAA Tournament appearances and victories and coach of the year honors. This past season, Moren was named the Associated Press National Coach of the Year. Moren is the program's all-time winningest coach with 200 victories.

"Teri Moren has clearly established herself as one of the nation's best basketball coaches, and in doing so has elevated Indiana Women's Basketball to an unprecedented level in our program's history," IU Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Scott Dolson said in the release. “The decision to modify her contract not only recognizes the tremendous successes she has enjoyed during her nine years here, but also Indiana University's commitment to continuing to elevate IU Women's Basketball into one of the best programs.”  

Over Moren’s nine seasons with Indiana, the Hoosiers have achieved eight consecutive 20-win seasons. Last season, Indiana went 28-4, securing the program’s first Big Ten regular season title in 40 years and first-ever No. 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament.  

Indiana ranked second in attendance last season in the Big Ten and in the top-10 nationally. An all-time best 8,104 fans on average attended Indiana’s 18 home games at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall this past season, including the program’s first-ever sellout crowd.  

"I am honored and humbled to receive a contract extension from Indiana University," Moren said. "I am incredibly proud of what we have been able to build during our time at IU which is a direct reflection of our student-athletes, coaches, support staff and fans who have all played a big part in our success. I am excited for what's happening in the future of our program.”