10th annual Limestone Comedy Festival to take place June 1-3

entlimestone041723.jpg

The 10th annual Limestone Comedy Festival will be held from June 1-3 in downtown Bloomington. The festival is a three-day long comedy event featuring performances from stand-up comedians and podcasters.  

Headliners for the event include comedians Kyle Kinane, Melissa Villaseñor, Shane Torres, Sara Schaeffer, DeAnne Smith, Mohanad Elshieky, Calvin Evans and Kelly Collette.  

Founded in 2013 by Mat Alano-Martin and Jared Thompson, the festival has always featured a wide array of comedians. Dwight Simmons joined the duo as a co-director in 2020. Although Limestone was unable to occur in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the festival returned in 2021 and has remained active ever since.  

Related: [The Jewish Theatre of Bloomington to present ‘Madeleines’ in May]

Performances this year will take place at multiple venues downtown, including The Comedy Attic, Buskirk-Chumley Theater, The Bishop, The Back Door, Blockhouse, Backspace Gallery and the Orbit Room.  

Attendees must be at least 18 years old to attend, while some venues only allow admittance for the 21+ crowd. General admission and VIP badges for the event are available now, with prices starting at $65. All single show tickets will go on sale May 2.  

Tickets and more information about the festival can be found on Limestone Comedy Festival’s website.