Indiana men’s basketball: Trayce Jackson-Davis named finalist for Naismith Trophy

spiumbbbrief032123.png

Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was named a Naismith Trophy Finalist on Tuesday by the Atlanta Tip-off Club, according to a release. 

Jackson-Davis is joined by Purdue’s Zach Edey, Kansas’s Jalen Wilson and Gonzaga’s Drew Timme as the four finalists. 

The Naismith Trophy is given annually to the best player in college basketball every season.  

Jackson-Davis was named a consensus All-American this season after averaging 20.9 points, 10.8 rebounds, four assists and three blocked shots per game. He set program career records in blocks and rebounds and moved into third all-time in scoring. His 670 points were the 10th best single-season figure, while his 346 rebounds were fourth and his 92 blocks were third. 

Jackson-Davis can become the third player in program history to win the Naismith Award, joining Scott May and Calbert Cheaney, who won in 1976 and 1993, respectively. 

According to the release, fans will be able to vote for the finalists in the Naismith Awards Fan Vote through March 28 at naismithfanvote.com. Fan votes will account for 5% of the final vote. 

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz), columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) and photographer Alex Paul (@alexpaulphoto) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.