bloomington

New Bloomington location of Chicken Salad Chick opens Wednesday

cachickensalad021523-png

Chicken Salad Chick hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony on Feb. 15, opening the newest franchise location to according to Cision PR Newswire. The new location is off South State Road, near College Mall. 

Chicken Salad Chick offers scratch-made, southern-style chicken salad in 12 different varieties, according to its website. From a classic chicken salad to a fruitier or even a little spicier option, there is a flavor for everyone.  

According to the website, along with chicken salad, the restaurant also sells pimento cheese, egg salad and sandwiches.  

As a stay-at-home mom, Stacy Brown was determined to find the perfect chicken salad recipe, until it hit her: everyone's opinion of the “perfect chicken salad” is different, according to the website. She began perfecting her own recipes and having family and neighbors taste test each one.  

According to the website, what started as an out-of-home business now has nine locations throughout Indiana, including the new Bloomington location. The franchise has opened over 225 locations across 17 states.  

According to Cision, throughout the week, the storefront will be hosting giveaways.  

Feb. 15: The first guest to arrive to the new Bloomington location and purchase The Chick will receive one large Quick Chick every week for 52 weeks. The next 99 guests to arrive to the new Bloomington location and purchase The Chick will receive one free large Quick Chick every month for 12 months.  

Feb. 16: The first 50 guests will receive a free Chicken Salad Chick tote bag with the purchase of a Chick Trio. 

Feb. 17: The first 50 guests at 10 a.m. or 6 p.m. will receive a free Chicken Salad Chick tumbler with the purchase of a Chick Trio. 

Feb. 18: The first 50 guests at 10 a.m. or 6 p.m. will receive a free Chicken Salad Chick wooden cutting board with the purchase of a Chick Trio.