Student Health Center to offer flu shot clinics Nov. 4 and Nov. 7

<p>The IU Health Center is seen at 10th Street and Eagleson Avenue. The health center will offer appointment-only flu shots Nov. 4 and Nov. 7.</p>

The IU Health Center is seen at 10th Street and Eagleson Avenue. The health center will offer appointment-only flu shots Nov. 4 and Nov. 7.

IU is offering a series of flu shot clinics at the Student Health Center located at 600 Eagleson Ave. The on-campus clinics are for current IU Bloomington faculty, staff and enrolled students only. 

Students are required to schedule appointments online. The clinics will be offered on Friday, Nov. 4, and Monday, Nov. 7, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students may also get their flu shot when they are at the Health Center for a non-sick visit.   

Available pharmacies on campus that provide the flu shot include Kroger, CVS, Target and Walgreens. Those interested should schedule an appointment prior to visiting one of the pharmacies.  

Influenza, more commonly known as the flu, is a viral infection that attacks the lungs, nose and throat. With more than 3 million cases a year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate there have already been over 880,000 cases of the flu this season.  

Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.