No. 12 Indiana men’s basketball’s Trayce Jackson-Davis picks up Wooden Award Watch List honors

spiubbbrief111722.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was selected to the John R. Wooden Preseason Top 50 Watch List, according to a release. 

The Wooden Watch List, which includes 50 players from around the country, selects the preseason favorites for the Wooden Award, given annually to the most outstanding player in men’s and women’s college basketball. 

The Wooden award is the latest in a long list of preseason awards and watch lists for Jackson-Davis. He has been named a Preseason All-American by the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, College Hoops Today, The Almanac, CBS Sports, The Athletic, the Associated Press and Sporting News. He was also named the Big Ten preseason Player of the Year and was named to the Karl Malone watch list

Jackson-Davis returned for his fourth season at Indiana already ranked among the program’s top 10 all-time in rebounds, blocked shots and shooting percentage and at No. 15 in points.  

Other Big Ten players on the list include Michigan’s Hunter Dickinson, Purdue’s Zach Edey, Iowa’s Kris Murray and Illinois’ Terrence Shannon Jr. 

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz) and columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season. 
Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.