Trayce Jackson-Davis awarded preseason All-American recognition from The Athletic

spiubbbrief102522.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis earned Preseason Second Team All-American honors from the Athletic, according to the publication’s website

[Related: Trayce Jackson-Davis earns preseason All-American nod from Associated Press

Jackson-Davis has been named to six additional preseason All-American lists for the 2022-23 season, including recognition on the Associated Press slate Monday. The Hoosier forward also won Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year and Preseason All-Big Ten Team honors, the conference announced in early October. 

Michigan junior forward Hunter Dickinson was the only other member of the Big Ten included in the Athletic’s list, also landing on the second team. University of North Carolina big man Armando Bacot, who Jackson-Davis and the Hoosiers will square off against on Nov. 30 in Bloomington, earned a spot on the first team.  

Indiana will take the court against Marian University at 3 p.m. Oct. 29 for its first exhibition tilt of the season. The game will be broadcast on BTN+ from Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. 

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz) and columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.