Comedian Bill Burr to perform Sept. 30 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall

<p>Comedian Bill Burr will perform 8 p.m. Sept. 30 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall as part of the second leg of his “(Slight Return)” tour. The tour started in early April and has taken Burr all over North America. </p>

Comedian Bill Burr will perform 8 p.m. Sept. 30 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall as part of the second leg of his “(Slight Return)” tour. The tour started in early April and has taken Burr all over North America.

Comedian Bill Burr will perform at 8 p.m. Sept. 30 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall as part of the second leg of his “(Slight Return)” tour. The tour started in early April and has taken Burr all over North America. 

Burr is one of today’s best-known comedians, with projects not just in stand-up comedy, but also in film and television. He stars in Netflix’s “F is for Family,” as well as appearing in FX’s “Reservation Dogs” and Disney’s “The Mandalorian,” according to his website. In August, Burr became the first comedian to perform at Fenway Park in Boston. 

Related: [29th annual Lotus Festival brings Bloomington together to enjoy music and community

Burr’s website lists several stand-up comedy specials available to stream, including the Grammy-nominated “Paper Tiger” and his most recent special, “Live at Red Rocks,” both of which can be viewed on Netflix. Burr also hosted “Saturday Night Live” in October 2020, where he delivered a controversial opening monologue addressing the then-novel masking situation, cancel culture and Pride Month.  

Tickets start at $41 on Ticketmaster. Phones will be secured in Yondr pouches to prevent recording of the show and can be accessed in designated phone use areas. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.