Trayce Jackson-Davis named Blue Ribbon Preseason All-American

spiubbbrief082222.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball senior Trayce Jackson-Daivs was announced as a Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook Preseason All-American on Monday, according to an IU release. Jackson-Davis is the first player in the program to receive Blue Ribbon recognition since former Hoosier center Thomas Bryant received the same honor prior to the 2016-2017 season.  

"I'm honored to receive this recognition and am excited about the possibilities that are in front of us," Jackson-Davis said. "My teammates and I are looking forward to building off the momentum of the end of last season." 

Jackson-Davis led the Hoosiers with 639 points and 284 rebounds during the 2021-2022 season. He was named to the All-Big Ten Second Team, Big Ten All-Defensive Team and All-Big Ten Tournament Team during his junior campaign. 

[Related: Trayce Jackson-Davis withdraws from NBA draft, will return to Indiana men’s basketball]  

Jackson-Davis' previous All-American honors include third-team recognition from Sporting News, National Association of Basketball Coaches and U.S. Basketball Writers Association along with an Associated Press Honorable Mention, all stemming from the 2020-2021 season. 

The senior standout currently sits on the Indiana men’s basketball top-10 all-time leaderboard for rebounds, blocked shots and field goal percentage. Jackson-Davis has recorded 1,565 points after three seasons and will finish his career top-3 on the program’s all-time scoring list if he matches or exceeds his point total from last year. 

"Trayce has the opportunity to build quite a legacy for himself and our program," head coach Mike Woodson said. "He's worked extremely hard this summer and we are counting on him to be a leader by example who sets the tone for everyone else on our team."