Indiana men’s basketball guard Xavier Johnson pleads guilty to reckless driving charge

<p>Then-senior guard Xavier Johnson goes for a layup against Iowa on March 12, 2022, at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Johnson was arrested and preliminarily charged with resisting law enforcement and reckless driving after he was pulled over for driving 90 mph in April on North Walnut Street.</p>

Then-senior guard Xavier Johnson goes for a layup against Iowa on March 12, 2022, at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Johnson was arrested and preliminarily charged with resisting law enforcement and reckless driving after he was pulled over for driving 90 mph in April on North Walnut Street.

Indiana men’s basketball senior guard Xavier Johnson pleaded guilty to a reckless driving charge August 23 after he was arrested and charged April 3, according to court documents. Johnson was initially arrested for both resisting law enforcement and reckless driving, but his charges for the former have now been dismissed  

[Related: UPDATE: Indiana men’s basketball guard Xavier Johnson arrested on resisting law enforcement charges

The current fifth-year senior was seen in a car going 90 mph down North Walnut Street around 3 a.m. April 3, according to an incident report. The police said they saw Johnson, the driver, switch seats with another passenger once the car pulled over after initially refusing to stop.  

Johnson received a 60-day suspended sentence, meaning he will not serve any jail time so long as he completes the 360 days of unsupervised probation and 50 hours of community service also included in the sentence. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.