coronavirus

IU-Bloomington reported 20 positive COVID-19 cases, changes on-campus testing over spring break

Caupdate031122-jpg.jpg

IU-Bloomington reported 20 new positive COVID-19 cases among faculty, staff and students from March 3-9, according to the IU COVID-19 dashboard. Of those cases, 14 came from students, and six came from faculty and staff.

This is the first time in five weeks cases have remained the same since the previous week.

As campus enters spring break, COVID-19 on-campus testing options will change from March 14-18. COVID Check testing will not be required, voluntary asymptomatic testing will be unavailable, drop-off testing will only be held at the Student Health Center and limited symptomatic testing appointments will be available at the center.

Related: [IU offers 6 types of COVID-19 testing amid Omicron surge]

This week, the vaccination rate rose to 94.9%. This number includes those who are fully or partially vaccinated. IU spokesperson Chuck Carney said vaccination numbers can slightly fluctuate as people enter and leave the IU system.

IU does not require documentation of the booster shot, so no data for those shots are currently available. IU will offer $20 in Crimson Cash to those who report their booster shot to the university, according to IU’s COVID-19 website.

​​IU continues to recommend everyone receive a vaccination and a booster shot. People ages 5 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Adults ages 18 and older are eligible for a Moderna booster five months after the initial two-shot series, and everyone ages 12 and older is eligible for a Pfizer booster five months after their initial two-shot series. Adults ages 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can get a booster dose at least two months after their first shot.

Visit ourshot.in.gov to schedule a vaccine appointment or check eligibility criteria.