Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Indiana wrestling set to face off against Illinois Sunday

<p>Nick Willham defends a take down attempt from Nebraska&#x27;s Eric Schults at Wilkinson Hall, on Feb. 6, 2021. Indiana will face Illinois Feb. 5 at the State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois. </p>

Nick Willham defends a take down attempt from Nebraska's Eric Schults at Wilkinson Hall, on Feb. 6, 2021. Indiana will face Illinois Feb. 5 at the State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois.

Indiana wrestling will head to the Huff Hall in Champaign, Illinois, to take on Illinois at 2 p.m. Sunday.

Indiana is currently 2-4 this season and 1-4 in Big Ten play, most recently losing to No. 17 Purdue on Saturday. Illinois is 2-4 this season as well but is winless in conference after its most recent 26-13 loss to Northwestern on Saturday. 

Illinois has six ranked wrestlers, according to the NWCA Coaches Poll, including No. 19 sophomore Justin Cardani in the 125-pound class and No. 6 freshman Lucas Byrd in the 133-pound class. 

Joining Cardani and Byrd in the upcoming match will be ranked twins No. 23 sophomore Dan Braunagel in the 165-pound class and No. 20 freshman Zach Braunagel in the 184-pound class. No. 31 junior Zach Wroblewski is in the 197-pound class for Illinois and No. 16 sophomore Luke Luffman is in the heavyweight class. 

Indiana’s lineup will start No. 31 sophomore Jacob Moran in the 125-pound class and No. 12 graduate student Brock Hudkins, who currently owns a 9-0 individual record, will represent Indiana in the 133-pound class. 

No. 27 junior Cayden Rooks will take the 141-pound class spot for the match. Junior Graham Rooks will wrestle in the 149-pound class.

Indiana sophomore Derek Gilcher will wrestle in the 157-pound class. Junior Kasper McIntosh will represent Indiana in the 165-pound class. Junior Nick South will wrestle in the 174-pound class. No. 14-ranked junior DJ Washington will take the 184-pound class for Indiana. 

Junior Nick Willham will wrestle in the 197-pound class for Indiana and junior Joacob Bullock will wrap up the night in the heavyweight class.

The meet against Illinois will be broadcast on BTN+.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.