Indiana wrestling set to face off against Illinois Sunday

<p>Nick Willham defends a take down attempt from Nebraska&#x27;s Eric Schults at Wilkinson Hall, on Feb. 6, 2021. Indiana will face Illinois Feb. 5 at the State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois. </p>

Nick Willham defends a take down attempt from Nebraska's Eric Schults at Wilkinson Hall, on Feb. 6, 2021. Indiana will face Illinois Feb. 5 at the State Farm Center in Champaign, Illinois.

Indiana wrestling will head to the Huff Hall in Champaign, Illinois, to take on Illinois at 2 p.m. Sunday.

Indiana is currently 2-4 this season and 1-4 in Big Ten play, most recently losing to No. 17 Purdue on Saturday. Illinois is 2-4 this season as well but is winless in conference after its most recent 26-13 loss to Northwestern on Saturday. 

Illinois has six ranked wrestlers, according to the NWCA Coaches Poll, including No. 19 sophomore Justin Cardani in the 125-pound class and No. 6 freshman Lucas Byrd in the 133-pound class. 

Joining Cardani and Byrd in the upcoming match will be ranked twins No. 23 sophomore Dan Braunagel in the 165-pound class and No. 20 freshman Zach Braunagel in the 184-pound class. No. 31 junior Zach Wroblewski is in the 197-pound class for Illinois and No. 16 sophomore Luke Luffman is in the heavyweight class. 

Indiana’s lineup will start No. 31 sophomore Jacob Moran in the 125-pound class and No. 12 graduate student Brock Hudkins, who currently owns a 9-0 individual record, will represent Indiana in the 133-pound class. 

No. 27 junior Cayden Rooks will take the 141-pound class spot for the match. Junior Graham Rooks will wrestle in the 149-pound class.

Indiana sophomore Derek Gilcher will wrestle in the 157-pound class. Junior Kasper McIntosh will represent Indiana in the 165-pound class. Junior Nick South will wrestle in the 174-pound class. No. 14-ranked junior DJ Washington will take the 184-pound class for Indiana. 

Junior Nick Willham will wrestle in the 197-pound class for Indiana and junior Joacob Bullock will wrap up the night in the heavyweight class.

The meet against Illinois will be broadcast on BTN+.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.