arts food

Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Bloomington with deals, desserts and dinners for two

entvdayrestaurants020722-illo

The most romantic day of the year is fast approaching, and with Valentine’s Day on a Monday, many restaurants are showing their love for the Bloomington community with weekend-long events, deals and specials. The Indiana Daily Student has gathered just a few of the many local options to help you celebrate your love for a friend, a significant other or your favorite restaurant this Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day specials:

Several Bloomington restaurants will be offering special options on Valentine’s Day, according to Visit Bloomington. Lennie’s will feature chef’s specials: a tomato-basil soup, a balsamic-rosemary pork loin and a risotto, as well as a featured cherry-almond brownie. 

Pili’s Party Taco & Deli will offer a Valentine’s Day taco tray. This tray will feature ten tacos of the buyer’s choice and a piece of tres leches cake. This deal is $35.

For the romantic Hoosier in all of us, Mother Bear’s will continue a Valentine’s tradition. Heart-shaped pizzas will be available for dine-in, carry-out and delivery from Feb. 12-14.

Romantic dinners: 

Feast Market & Cellar is offering a multiple-course Valentine’s dinner. The locally-owned restaurant is usually closed on Mondays but is taking reservations for Valentine’s Day. The dinner for two costs $80 per person and includes options such as stewed chicken, smoked salmon and braised lamb shank, with a black forest cheesecake for dessert.

At the Irish Lion Restaurant & Pub, a three-course meal with a prix fixe will get you options including an oyster appetizer, a bacon-wrapped filet mignon or a grilled lobster tail. A full wine menu is also available. The dinner is $65 per person plus tax and reservations are required.

Italian restaurant Osteria Rago will present a three-course meal featuring a blue crab eggs benedict, pappardelle and a cinnamon ricotta cheesecake. Reservations are required and can be made at 812-822-0694.

The Uptown Cafe will offer an a la carte menu on Valentine’s Day, according to The Herald-Times. Available entrees include gorgonzola-crusted filet mignon, Creole barbecue shrimp and exotic mushroom risotto, among others. 

Cardinal Spirits will offer dine-in options, including two cocktails and a lobster roll, Feb. 11-13. They’ll feature a carry-out menu for two for $65 total, with a choice of one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert, with cocktails to-go for an additional cost.

Drinks and sweet treats:

Oliver Winery is hosting a Chocolate Lover’s Weekend event on Feb. 12-13 and 19-20. The event will feature Bloomington Chocolate Company truffles and six wines from Oliver Winery in Bloomington, with chocolate fondue also available for purchase. Reserved tasting is $25.

According to Visit Bloomington, local ice cream shop The Chocolate Moose will offer a buy one, get one half off deal on its entire menu on Valentine’s Day.

From-scratch bakery Two Sticks Bakery has several options, both for preorder and purchase in-store, according to their Facebook. Baked goods like cupcakes, cheesecake bars, cookie cakes and more will be available first come, first serve starting at 7 a.m. on Feb. 11-12.