KN95, N95 masks to be available at School of Public Health beginning Monday

<p>Junior Corbin Dubois sits masked during a class on Oct. 21, 2021, in Franklin Hall. IU will offer KN95 and N95 masks at the School of Public Health, Gym 171, beginning Monday.</p>

Junior Corbin Dubois sits masked during a class on Oct. 21, 2021, in Franklin Hall. IU will offer KN95 and N95 masks at the School of Public Health, Gym 171, beginning Monday.

IU will have KN95 and N95 masks available to students, faculty and staff for free at the School of Public Health in Gym 171 beginning Monday, according to an IU Today article

IU recommends wearing KN95 or N95 masks instead of other mask types for the highest protection against COVID-19.

The university plans to continue the distribution through early February as long as supplies are available, according to IU Today. Surgical masks, provided at several campus locations, will still be available. 

The Indiana Graduate Workers Coalition - United Electrical Workers sent a letter to the administration Wednesday urging them to provide KN95/N95 masks for the student body along with updating faculty policy language for in-person instruction.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.