UPDATE: Hillel responds after fourth swastika seen in Bloomington, BPD investigating

<p>A swastika is seen Dec. 13, 2021 on the side of a garage near First and Grant streets. This is the fourth swastika found in Bloomington in the last three weeks.</p>

A swastika is seen Dec. 13, 2021 on the side of a garage near First and Grant streets. This is the fourth swastika found in Bloomington in the last three weeks.

Another swastika was seen in Bloomington near the intersection of First Street and Grant Street. This is at least the fourth time the hate symbol has been seen in the city in the last three weeks. 

The swastika was seen on the side of a detached garage next to a house. The swastika is recognized as a hate symbol by the Anti-Defamation League.

A spokesperson for the Bloomington Police Department confirmed the incident was reported to the department Monday afternoon. The vandalism was originally noticed by the reporting party over the weekend, the spokesperson said. The department is investigating the incident. 

Two of the previous incidents occurred off campus, with another occurring on campus near Eigenmann Hall.  

Earlier today, spokespeople for both IU Police Department and BPD said they could not provide more information on the three incidents. IUPD said it does not have suspects in the on-campus incident.

IU Hillel responded to the incident Monday night.

"This type of hatred is on the rise around the country, and we stand together to say NO ONE should experience anti-Semitism, anywhere," Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg said in a statement to the Indiana Daily Student. "Students must be able to feel safe on their college campus."

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.