UPDATE: Sexual assault, battery reported at Phi Kappa Psi

<p>Phi Kappa Psi is located at 1200 N. Jordan Ave. A reported sexual assault and battery took place early Oct. 31 at the fraternity, according to the IU Police Department crime log. </p>

Phi Kappa Psi is located at 1200 N. Jordan Ave. A reported sexual assault and battery took place early Oct. 31 at the fraternity, according to the IU Police Department crime log.

Editor’s Note: This article includes mention of sexual assault.

A woman was sexually assaulted between 1 to 3 a.m. Oct. 31 at Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house, according to the IU Police Department press release.

According to the IUPD crime log, the crimes committed were listed as sexual assault and battery. It was reported to police around 4:30 p.m. Oct. 31.

The release said both crimes happened to the same woman and were perpetrated by the same person.

IUPD Deputy Chief Shannon Bunger said it is an active and ongoing investigation. 

Phi Kappa Psi released a statement following the allegations: “The alleged assailant was removed from the property. We are cooperating with IUPD and university officials as they investigate this matter.”

A list of resources is available here if you or someone you know has experienced sexual harassment or abuse.

CLARIFICATION: This story and headline has been updated to reflect the crime's description.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.