sports women's basketball

Big Ten announces 2021-22 Indiana women’s basketball schedule

spiuwbbschedule090821.jpg

The Big Ten announced the schedule for the 2021-22 Indiana women’s basketball season Wednesday. The schedule features 18 conference games, including nine at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. 

The Hoosiers have also announced four non conference games to start the season. Indiana starts the year against the University of Kentucky in Bloomington on Nov. 14. Indiana will then head to Nassau, Bahamas, for the Baha Mar Pink Flamingo Classic to play Stanford University on Nov. 25 and the University of Miami on Nov. 27.

Indiana will play North Carolina State University at home Dec. 2. The Hoosiers beat the Wolfpack in the Sweet 16 last season. 

Indiana opens its conference slate with a game against Penn State on Dec. 6 in Bloomington before going on the road to play at Ohio State on Dec. 12 and at Rutgers on Dec. 30.

Indiana returns home to play reigning Big Ten champion Maryland on Jan. 2, 2022. 

Indiana then travels to Madison, Wisconsin, on Jan. 5 to play Wisconsin, then alternates between home and away games for the next seven competitions.

The Hoosiers play host to Nebraska Jan. 13, then travel to West Lafayette, Indiana, for the Barn Burner Trophy game at Purdue on Jan. 16.

Indiana will play Michigan State in Bloomington on Jan. 19, play at Iowa Jan. 23, face Illinois Jan. 27. and finish January at Michigan on Jan. 30.

The Hoosiers will play back-to-back home games Feb. 3 and Feb. 6 against Minnesota and Purdue, respectively. On Feb. 10, Indiana will take on Illinois before heading to Lincoln, Nebraska, to take on the Cornhuskers. 

The Hoosiers final two home games will take place Feb. 17 and Feb. 20 against Northwestern and Iowa. The final game of the season will see Indiana head to Maryland either Feb. 25 or Feb. 26.

vs. University of Kentucky | Nov. 14

vs. Standard University | Nov. 25 | Nassau, Bahamas

vs. University of Miami | Nov. 27 | Nassau, Bahamas

vs. North Carolina State University | Dec. 2

* vs. Penn State | Dec. 6 

* at Ohio State | Dec. 12

* at Rutgers | Dec. 30

* vs. Maryland | Jan. 2, 2022

* at Wisconsin | Jan. 5 

* vs. Nebraska | Jan. 13 

* at Purdue | Jan. 16 

* vs. Michigan State | Jan. 19 

* at Iowa | Jan. 23

* vs. Illinois | Jan. 27 

* at Michigan | Jan. 30

* vs. Minnesota | Feb. 3

* vs. Purdue | Feb. 6

* at Illinois | Feb. 10

* at Nebraska | Feb. 14

* vs. Northwestern | Feb. 17

* vs. Iowa | Feb. 20

* at Maryland | Feb. 25 OR Feb. 26

*indicates conference game