Lilly King wins silver, training partner Annie Lazor bronze in 200-meter breaststroke

Then-senior Lilly King waves to the crowd during the award ceremony Feb. 22, 2019 in the Counsilman Billingsley Aquatic Center. King won a silver medal in the 200-meter breaststroke Thursday night in Tokyo at the 2020 Olympics.

Lilly King, a 2019 graduate who swam for IU, won her second medal of the Tokyo Olympics on Thursday, finishing second in the 200-meter breaststroke to add a silver medal to her resume.

Annie Lazor, who trains with King under IU head coach Ray Looze in Bloomington, won the bronze medal. 

King finished with a time of 2:19.92 and Lazor finished with a time of 2:20.84.

South African swimmer Tatjana Schoenmaker won gold by setting a world record time of 2:18.95. 

King also won a bronze medal in the 100-meter breaststroke Monday. IU has won two separate gold medals in swimming and three silver medals in diving.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments