sports women's soccer

IU women’s soccer adds graduate transfer Amanda Fay

Fay_SOW18-BU(009).JPG

IU women’s soccer announced its latest addition to the roster Thursday afternoon with graduate student goalkeeper Amanda Fay transferring to the team from Boston University.

Fay joins the Hoosiers after four seasons with the Terriers, playing in her first three before missing her entire senior season in 2020 with an injury. She will have one year of eligibility at IU.

The goalkeeper from Atkinson, New Hampshire, joins a group that includes returning starter Bethany Kopel, also entering her fifth collegiate season, junior Caitlin Arbuckle and sophomore Chloe Briede.

The Hoosiers have added two other transfers this offseason in graduate student midfielder Sydney Staier from Maryland and junior forward Paige Webber from Michigan State.

"I chose to transfer to Indiana University because the opportunity to continue my academic and athletic career at a renowned institution such as IU is one of a dream," Fay said in a statement. "The Big Ten has some of the best athletic programs in the country, and I am excited to compete against them at IU. I'm confident this team can achieve great success, and I'm honored to have the opportunity to contribute to that this year. I'm grateful for the foundation Boston University laid for me, and I can't wait for this next chapter at Indiana."