sports softball

IU softball earns five Big Ten postseason honors Wednesday

spiusbhonors052021.jpg

Five members of the IU softball team earned offseason awards Wednesday. 

Senior left fielder Gabbi Jenkins made the All-Big Ten first team. Jenkins also earned the Sportsmanship Award and made the All-Defensive team, making this her second, third and fourth Big Ten accolades this season, after earning Co-Player of the Week on April 20. 

Jenkins stole 24 bases this season, finishing her career with a program best of 96 total stolen bases. She also led the conference in doubles with 18 this season.

Freshman catcher Grace Lorsung made both the All-Big Ten first team and All-Freshman team. In her first season Lorsung had 29 hits and 20 RBIs, including three home runs, hitting .274 for the season.

Senior pitcher Emily Goodin made the All-Big Ten second team. Goodin has been one of the most dominant pitchers this season, throwing 173 strikeouts this season and 583 throughout her career. Goodin also led the conference in innings pitched with 198.

The second Hoosier named to the All Big-Ten second team was senior third baseman Grayson Radcliffe. Radcliffe was perfect with stolen bases this season, going 16-for-16. Radcliffe led the team in RBIs with 25.

Senior center fielder Taylor Lambert made the All-Defensive team. Lambert had 55 putouts and five assists and a 1.000 fielding percentage.