Tuesday, March 19

IU finance professor dies Saturday of unexpected medical emergency

caprofdeath040421.jpg

IU Professor Craig Holden died from an unexpected medical emergency Saturday, according to an email sent Sunday to IU faculty and staff by Idalene Kesner, dean of the Kelley School of Business.

Holden joined the Kelley School of Business in 1990 as a professor of finance and served as the chair of the Department of Finance at Kelley since 2018, according to the email.

Holden was teaching two undergraduate courses, according to George Vlahakis, Associate Director of Communications at the Kelley School of Business. Students in Holden’s courses were notified of his passing in a message on Canvas, which also informed them that another professor will take over instructing for their courses.

“The instructor is knowledgeable about the course material and we expect the transition to be as smooth as possible given the situation,” Vlahakis said in an email.

Counselors from IU Counseling and Psychological Services were available to Holden’s students Monday April 5 during their regularly scheduled class. For students struggling with mental health or other related issues, the CAPS crisis line at 812-855-5711 is available 24/7.

Editor’s note: The Indiana Daily Student is working to put together an obituary for Holden. If you would like to share your memories of him, please reach out to news@idsnews.com and let us know the best way to contact you.